The Sexual Violence Research Initiative (SVRI) Forum 2017, is taking place from the 18th to the 21st of September, 2017 Rio, Brazil. This event brings together over 450 researchers, gender activists, funders, policy makers, service providers, practitioners and survivors from around the world who are working to understand, prevent and respond to sexual and intimate partner violence.
SVRI Forum 2017 will provide a platform for showcasing research and innovation in the field enabling participants to learn about new and tested interventions on how to end sexual violence, intimate partner violence and child abuse and maltreatment.
The key areas for discussion and debate at the forum include:
- What needs to be done to meet the SDGs? How should attainment be monitored? How to scale up prevention?
- How to strengthen the evidence base on prevalence and drivers of sexual and intimate partner and other forms of violence against women and children and LGBTI groups?
- How do we build better interventions using evidence to inform locally relevant prevention and response strategies?
- Interconnections and intersections between different forms of violence across the lifespan
- Child participation in research on childhood violence and abuse