The Regional Psychosocial Support Initiative (REPSSI) is a non-profit organization which provides technical capacity enhancement to its partners to strengthen communities’ and families’ ability to promote the psychosocial wellbeing of their children and youth. REPSSI’s vision is all girls, boys and youth enjoy psychosocial and mental wellbeing.
Background and Rationale
REPSSI has become renowned as a reliable source for quality, evidence-informed, contextual psychosocial support programming, intervention and training resources. Demand for its technical leadership has more recently included the endorsement of manuals developed by others, endorsement of psychosocial expertise and action research. This catalysed the vision for establishing the Africa Psychosocial Support Institute (APSI) to take forward the generation of psychosocial support evidence and lead capacity building, enabling REPSSI To be the leading African provider of psychosocial support knowledge and expertise.
Purpose of the Consultancy
The purpose of the assignment is to conduct a feasibility study to explore the technical and economic viability of establishing the Africa Psychosocial Support Institute (APSI). The tudy will explore what nature/form APSI could take (multi-country, one regional centre, virtual, physical institute, etc.), specifying the comparative advantages of each identified form, including the registration status and financial and staffing requirements.
Submitting a Proposal
The potential consultant is expected to propose a suitable study design incorporating both qualitative and quantitative research methods. Proposals should detail the rationale for methods chosen, and must be accompanied by a detailed budget (vat inclusive). The proposal should also incorporate the following components:
- A short profile of the organisation
- The available human resource expertise with special emphasis on conducting feasibility studies within the education sector
- Proof of research capacity
- Proven experience developing business cases
- Proof of similar work carried out
- A detailed CV of the overall project management team
- Project Work plan and milestones showing how the service provider will manage the project
- Details of the budget / fee breakdown for the services to be rendered inclusive of Vat.
Applications can be sent to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications is the 31st October 2016