PATA is a South African NGO that aims to mobilize, strengthen and give voice to a network of frontline healthcare workers to improve paediatric and adolescent HIV treatment and care in sub-Saharan Africa. PATA works collaboratively with 320 paediatric HIV clinics across 24 sub-Saharan African countries, providing various programs and serving as a resource to support achievement of quality improvement goals and to effect positive change in HIV paediatric and adolescent policy and practice.
Job Description: Advocacy and communications manager
The Advocacy and Communications Officer (ACM) will raise PATA’s visibility and profile by coordinating our communications, advocacy and marketing activities. The (ACM) is responsible for the development and implementation of strategies and activities designed to inform policies and promising practices on paediatric and adolescent HIV.
The key performance areas are:
- Develop, implement PATA advocacy which includes developing an annual advocacy plan, implementing strategies and activities, and building strategic partnerships with key advocacy partner organizations
- In depth knowledge of current policy, programme on legislative advocacy matters and communicating this to PATA staff
- Support in identifying and coordinating additional funding specific to the advocacy role
- Manage an integrated communications strategy that meets all the objectives of PATA
- Manage and coordinate with the Senior Administrator the production of all PATA print materials, ensure that all electronic and social media communication platforms are up to date including webinars, whatsapp groups, PATA website, facebook and twitter
- Manage PATA’s web-based ‘resource hub’
- Prepare talking points for public relations opportunities,
- Design, implement and improve current communication materials
- Maintain and update the PATA contacts database
The successful candidate should possess the following:
- Honours (required)Master’s Degree (desired)in communications, marketing with a public health or development focus
- Three years experience working in a similar communication, media relations or marketing capacity, ideally in the NGO and HIV sector
- Excellent writing skills, with the demonstrated ability to simply communicate complex information for broad a target audience in a variety of formats
- Demonstrated experience in managing and coordinating regional multi-country advocacy campaigns with developed messaging and communication
- Technical knowledge on the following as advantageous:
o HIV/AIDS with a focus on children and adolescents
o Website development
o Familiarity with monitoring, evaluation, data management and statistical analysis
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), web based communications, social media and DTP design
View the full job description on the Vacancies page at www.teampata.org and email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for this position is Thursday 28 April 2016. If you do not hear from PATA within two weeks after the deadline, please consider your application to have been unsuccessful.