The primary role of the Senior Technical Advisor, Household Economic Strengthening is to provide technical assistance to 4Children’s USAID mission buy-ins supporting programming for orphans and vulnerable children, and to provide technical leadership and guidance on household economic strengthening interventions for vulnerable children worldwide. The Senior Technical Advisor, Household Economic Strengthening will provide leadership in the development and utilization of relevant strategies, guidelines, tools, and learning agendas, and in the documentation and dissemination of best practices.
Post Location: Based in the USA
- Master’s Degree or higher in social work, one of the social sciences, international development/affairs, public health, or a closely related field
- 10 or more years of experience including-Experience designing, implementing and managing country-level initiatives in household economic strengthening -Experience providing technical assistance and support in one or more core areas of OVC programming preferably in support of PEPFAR funded programming in low resource settings. -Solid knowledge of social protection, microenterprise, and household economic strengthening instruments and frameworks
- Proven leadership and inter-personal skills and ability to build and motivate diverse and talented teams
- Experience engaging effectively with USAID, PEPFAR, and other bilateral agencies; the United Nations and other international agencies; host-county governments and counterparts; and other key stakeholders
- Ability to travel extensively internationally Excellent English language oral and written communication skills; fluency in French, Spanish, Portuguese, or Arabic a plus