PATA has recently published a series of promising practices of HIV adherence and support for your people living with HIV. These series highlights the calls for:
- Health care provider sensitisation, to improve treatment of adolescents to make them feel appreciated, accepted and respected.
- Care giver support, a crucial part of improving adolescents mental health, adherence and resilience.
- A renewed focus on peer support, as AYPLHIV are well-placed to understand, support and respond to the needs of other young people in their communities.
- HIV and SRH services that are comprehensive, amongst others this should include psychosocial support and family planning services.
Click on the links below to read the full papers.
- Promising practices in health provider sensitisation for adolescents and young people living with HIV
- Mmata Tswana (My Partner) - Community caregiver support groups to improve ART adherence amongst adolescents living with HIV
- Promising practices in peer support for adolescents and young people living with HIV
- Promising practices in integrating HIV and SRH services for adolescents and young people living with HIV