The EAC Child Policy is the culmination of various processes geared towards the harmonisation of standards on and approaches to the implementation of child rights in the EAC.
The Policy seeks to:
- Provide a functional, regional, policy, and institutional framework to facilitate the development, co-ordination, harmonisation and strengthening of national efforts geared towards the promotion of children’s rights and child wellbeing.
- Guide Partner States in prioritisation and integration of child’s rights concerns in their planning, budgeting and resource mobilisation processes.
- Establish and strengthen existing inter-country partnerships on the promotion ofchild rights, child protection and child well being.
- Guide Partner States in the monitoring and evaluation of the Implementation of, of the UNCRC, ACRWC and national commitments to children’s rights.
- Strengthen capacity in research, advocacy, knowledge management and innovation on child rights and child wellbeing.